GeoBlacklight is the main discovery interface for geospatial data. It is developed as a Ruby on Rails engine and built on top of the popular open-source discovery interface Blacklight.
GeoBlacklight consumes the OpenGeoportal shared metadata catalog enabling discovery of thousands of datasets.
The application is structured as a Ruby on Rails Engine which allows for adopters of GeoBlacklight to easily upgrade to new releases of the software with minimal loss of local customizations.
Current features include:
- Unique shareable urls for data and searches
- Share a dataset with colleagues or students
- Customize views based off of certain search terms
- Download in multiple formats
- Inspection of data before download
- View a dataset’s attribute table before downloading it
- Responsive design
- Spatial search
- Easy to update, customize, and theme
- GeoBlacklight uses semantic versioning to provide a sane upgrade path
- Uses Twitter Bootstrap for easy SASS theming