How to submit to the Showcase:
To add your instance of GeoBlacklight to the Showcase, you will need the following:
- thumbnail image
- site link
Option A: Ask a GeoBlacklight community member to edit this site
- Create a new issue on GitHub here.
- Include the title, description and GeoBlacklight site link in the body of the issue
- Upload an image to the issue that shows your homepage
- Include the label "showcase"
- Someone from the community will pick up the issue and add your instance to this site. It may be helpful to make a comment in Slack to make sure we are aware of the request.
Option B: Update files and create a pull request in GitHub ("DIY" option)
- Follow the instructions in the GitHub readme file on how to install mkdocs and clone this site to your desktop: https://github.com/geoblacklight/geoblacklight.github.io.
- Make a new branch.
- Navigate to this folder:
- Add your image to the showcase folder (jpg or png).
Create a new entry by copying and pasting the following template into the index.md file:
- title: image: content: url:
Enter your information and image filename.
- Alphabetize your entry by title so that it appears on the Showcase page in a predicatable location.
- Preview your changes locally with the
mkdocs servecommand (see the readme for instructions).
- Commit your changes to the GitHub branch.
- Publish your branch.
- Open a pull request to the Main branch.
- Someone from the community will review and/or merge your submission.